The ACDM membership represents all sectors of the Composite Door Industry and incorporates members from the System House/Designer, Components Manufacturer or Supplier, Doorset Manufacturer and Installer sectors.
This broad representation from the various industry sectors enables the ACDM to form a balanced view when considering new product and testing standards and revisions to existing standards. This broad spectrum of representation also enables the ACDM to provide an industry wide view on changes to Building Regulation legislation or guidance provided by the UKs National Governments in the form of Approved Documents in England and Wales, Technical Handbooks in Scotland or Technical Handbooks in Northern Ireland.
ACDM membership is divided into two categories, Full Members who are either System Suppliers or Door Manufacturers and Affiliate Members who either supply components to the composite door industry or install composite doorsets.
Members from the various sectors:
- System Suppliers and Designers
- Composite Door Manufacturers
- Hardware Manufacturers and suppliers
- Seals, Gaskets and Intumescent manufacturers and suppliers
- Glass and Glazing
- Doorset Installers
ACDM Full Member
Full Members of the ACDM were originally only those who manufactured Composite Doorsets but in 2018 this was extended to include System Suppliers and System Designers.
Full members have voting rights at ACDM Annual or Emergency General Meetings and are able to vote on adoption of ACDM Constitution changes.
Full members also form the ACDM Door Manufacturers and System Suppliers/Designers specialist group and the elected Chairperson also sits on the ACDM Executive Committee and attends ACDM Board meetings.
Full members are the key decision makers within the ACDM either through their specialist group or their voting rights as described above.
Full members can be viewed:
- Composite Door Manufacturers
- Door leaf/slab manufacturers and System Houses/Designers
ACDM Affiliate Member
Affiliate Members do not have voting rights at ACDM AGMs or EGMs although they are invited to these meetings. Affiliate Members are encouraged to engage in discussions at meetings to ensure their views are heard and taken into account when decisions are made by Full Members.
Affiliate members are welcome to join an ACDM Specialist Group and elect a Chairperson who will become a member of the ACDM Executive Committee and represent the relevant Group at meeting of the Executive Committee and Board Meetings.
Input into the ACDMs responses to consultations and standards enquiries are vitally important to the ACDM in being able to represent the views of all parts of the Composite Door supply and manufacturing sectors.
Affiliate members can be viewed:
- Hardware manufacturers and suppliers
- Seals, Gasket and Intumescent suppliers
- Glass and Glazing suppliers
- Doorsets Installers
Working in Partnership to Represent the Composite Door Industry
The ACDM works with the UKs Governments to promote the use of Composite Doorsets that provide reliable Building Regulation compliant Pedestrian Entrance Doorset solutions to new build and refurbishment projects and, through BSI technical committees, develop product and test standards to demonstrate the performance of Composite Doorsets.
JOIN the Association of Composite Door Manufacturers and enjoy the benefits membership brings:
- Recognised Trade Association membership
- Representation to Government on legislation changes
- Advice and interpretation of product standards and Building Regulations
- Influence and help to shape development of standards through BSI committees
- Advice on the Construction Products Regulations and UKCA marking
- Regular Technical meetings to ensure members are involved in all aspects of changes to legislation and standards development
- Best practice for the supply and installation of Composite Doorsets
- Third-party certification is a requirement of ACDM membership and specifiers recognise ACDM members as holding independent certification of their Doorsets
- Enhanced marketing through:
- The use of the ACDM logo
- Promotion of ACDM members to specifiers
- Dedicated member page on ACDM website with link to member website
To join the Association of Composite Door Manufacturers:
Application Form for Membership – 2022, complete and email to email@example.com